Thursday 20 September 2007

Day One

Okay, so it's not really day one. In fact it's a few days since I was taken to the vets with my brother Flip. Apparently we were due to have "our bits off" whatever that meant. I came home from the vets in a cage on my own, I was a bit woozy but they put me in a small cage indoors and put my brother Flip in with me for a few minutes. It smelt like Flip but I knew it wasn't really him, so I was more interested in having something to eat. My two-foot was very sad and said that Flip hadn't survived his operation, but that he would be buried next to our hutch so we'd still be close to each other.

I got another trip to the vets tonight - apparently I wasn't being helpful by removing my stitches! The vet said I'd done a very good job of it, but I'd made myself a bit sore so they'd give me something to help ease the swelling (which meant sticking a needle in my neck) and some antibiotics to stop it getting infected. I wasn't impressed when the vet tried to syringe the antibiotics into my mouth and tried to escape over her shoulder. Didn't quite manage it though. She said that if I play up and won't take my medicine then they can mix it with Ribena (so I might try that).

The vet let me come home though and when my two foot came out to check on me before going to bed, she found that I'd been trying to pull out the deeper stitches. She didn't seem very impressed and has put me in the small indoor cage overnight again. I have been given lots of things to nibble though, but I'm not sure that they're as tasty as my stitches...

No comments: